Active Membership confers the right to vote in the affairs of the Corporation.
To be eligible for Active Membership, a school must:
- Be an independent, nonprofit (501(c)), academic school located in Louisiana.
- Have been in operation at least 2 years.
- Be non-discriminatory in its admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, educational policies, and athletic and other school administered programs.
- Conduct elementary and/or secondary school classes.
- Be accredited by one of the following:
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Provisional Membership is a special non-voting category for schools working toward accreditation by an approved agency.
To be eligible for Provisionary Membership, a school must:
- Meet all of the qualifications for active membership with the exception of full accreditation
- Be actively working towards accreditation by one of the three approved agencies
- Obtain full accreditation within three years of membership date
Note: Under rare circumstances, a school that does not choose to be accredited because of philosophical or mission-related reasons but meets all other criteria for membership may petition the Board for consideration for Active Membership. Additional financial documentation may be required for consideration. Any school entering into membership under this category must be reviewed by the Board every five years and submit updated information as required.